Do you every wish (other) people’s opinions came with a user’s manual?
Listen along as I have casual conversations with experts in human reasoning, cognitive science and philosophy to try and understand how our cognition really works—and how we might do better in thinking rationally and figuring out the truth.
- Replication Crisis 101 (Remco Heesen)
- How knowledge gets made (Jonathan Rauch)
- What ‘p-values’ and ‘statistical significance’ really mean (Remco Heesen)
- Why confirmation bias and polarization can be rational (Kevin Dorst)
- How does your identity influence what you believe? It’s more complicated than you think (Ben Tappin)
- Arguments work! (Hugo Mercier)
(Dutch episodes listed here.)